Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sankey Commits To Lipscomb Bison


Generals sophomore guard Khion Sankey has verbally committed to play for the Lipscomb University Bison next season.

Sankey was the most all-around efficient player for the Generals this past season scoring 7.2 points per game while shooting 53% from the field. The Generals second leading rebounder, Khion pulled down 5.4 rebounds per game per game. After being selected All-Defense as a freshman, Sankey led the Generals with 47 steals on the season. Sankey also dished out the most assists for the Generals this past season with 92, averaging 2.87 per game. Sankey was selected for the Region IX All-Tournament team after averaging 15.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 4 assists.

Coach Smiley had this to say: “We’re really excited that Khion has made the decision to commit to Lipscomb University to finish his career playing for Coach Sanderson. He has the opportunity to compete for playing time in multiple positions at Lipscomb and he really enjoyed his visit on campus recently, so this is a really exciting time for Khion. Khion had a great career for us at Sheridan, helping his team win 49 games in only two years, and he now has a chance to compete at the highest level of college basketball.”

“Sheridan has taught me a lot of new things”, said Sankey, “I have had fun these past two years on and off the court. The people in the Sheridan community are great people. I really love the Sheridan basketball program, and I wish it was a 4 year school. I’ve had great coaches in my two years at Sheridan; Coach Smiley, Coach Magrino, Coach Davis, Coach Mines, and all my teammates are great team players. I can’t wait to play for the amazing coaching staff at Lipscomb University, and my new teammates. Nashville is a great area and I can’t wait for the season to start.”

Lipscomb University is a NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic Sun Conference, located in Nashville, Tennessee. Sankey is the third General this year to commit to a Division I institution. Lamont Prosser has signed to play for Portland State and Jermaine Lippert has committed to University of Detroit.

No comments:

Post a Comment